Sports Program Manager
Great opportunity to launch your sports career with Boston’s largest sport & social club! The Boston Ski & Sports Club (BSSC) is actively recruiting an energetic, detail-oriented sports professional to support the sports department with a variety of tasks. The position reports to the Sports Director, with a 40-45 hour/week work schedule which will include some night and weekend work. The successful candidate will be responsible for 2-3 programs which may include basketball, floor hockey and/or flag football, and will provide at-league support for the company's other programs. BSSC is a 48 year old company that services over 50K participants annually. This is your chance to work for a fun, casual company located in Watertown, MA and do work in a field you love.
• Maintain league standings
• Process rosters, registrations and payments
• Organize, sort, deliver and maintain various league supplies and equipment
• Maintain up to date website information for sports offerings
• Maintain record of payments for facility rentals & referees
• Conduct on going market research to keep department informed of competitors, trends, etc.
• Cover other programs during vacations
• Line and prepare athletic fields as necessary
• Provide excellent customer service and conduct yourself professionally on the phone and in person
• Maintain a working knowledge of all BSSC events and activities, as well as company policies/procedures in order to sell effectively, provide accurate information, and process registrations
• Act as BSSC liaison to team representatives and players, fostering positive relationships; encouraging on-going league participation; promoting other BSSC leagues and activities; and providing information, materials and service as needed.
• Minimum BA/BS, preferably in sports management
• Minimum 1 year working in a program management and/or customer service setting, preferably in a sports setting
• Excellent customer service, communication, attention to detail and work ethic
• Must own a car that will be needed for night/weekend visits
• Love of the game
Please email a resume and cover letter, listing salary requirements to email@example.com. Deadline for resumes is November 27, 2015.
BSSC is looking for enthusiastic skiers and snowboarders to lead BSSC day trips this winter. You must be outgoing and organized. Trips run all day on Saturdays and Sundays and the schedule is flexible. Leaders must be responsible, people-oriented individuals with some knowledge and experience in skiing/snowboarding and leadership. You will ski/ride for FREE and be asked to spread the word about BSSC to fill the buses with friends and co-workers! The number of openings is limited each season. Please email your interest and experience to Randy Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Players are often needed to be on-site coordinators for BSSC Basketball, Dodgeball, Volleyball leagues and more. Coordinators must be responsible, people-oriented individuals with some experience and knowledge of their sport. You will play for free and may collect a small stipend for equipment set-up and overseeing the league. Please check the website for more details on the leagues and email your interest and experience to Brett Crandall at email@example.com.
The Boston Ski & Sports Club is open to receiving resumes from people who are interested in joining our staff. Candidates must be friendly and outgoing, excel in customer service skills, and have a genuine enthusiasm for the activities BSSC organizes. Most positions require night and weekend work as well as a car. If you are interested, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.