Ski Program Manager and Marketing Coordinator
Great opportunity to launch your career in recreation with Boston’s largest adult social sports organization. The Boston Ski & Sports Club (BSSC) is recruiting an energetic, outgoing, detail-oriented ski and marketing professional to oversee its day ski program and provide marketing support to all programs. Plan the trip schedule, manage logistics and actively market skiing, sports and more. The position reports to the Ski & Travel Director for the winter season and moves under the Marketing Outreach Manager for the remainder of the year. The schedule includes day office hours with frequent night and weekend obligations. BSSC is a 48 year old company that serves 50K participants annually. This is your chance to work for a fun, casual company and help to manage and grow its key programs.
Day Ski Program Manager
• Manage all logistics to ensure that each day trip runs at maximum efficiency, sales and profit.
• Coordinate details with staff, vendors and mountains for marketing material, buses, lift tickets, etc.
• Promote and grow the ski program via outreach to individuals, groups and businesses, social media, social events and other sales & marketing avenues.
• Manage the trip leader volunteer pool to recruit, train, schedule and retain strong trip leaders who run operationally smooth trips and promote BSSC effectively.
• Work closely with marketing to ensure timely and thorough activation of sponsorship agreements.
• Monitor registrations and conditions for each trip and make appropriate operational decisions (i.e. # buses, # leaders, weather).
• Manage payables and receivables and maintain profit reports for each trip and season.
• Conduct ongoing market research to stay informed of competitors, trends, etc.
• Provide excellent customer service on the phone and in person.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all BSSC events and activities, as well as company policies/procedures in order to sell effectively, provide accurate information, and process registrations.
• Assist the Marketing Department with the development and execution of advertising, marketing, social media and promotional activities.
• Assist with all grassroots marketing efforts and outreach to acquire new participants.
• Assist with the organization and set up of marketing events.
• Assist with updating website and social media with accurate and appealing content, photos and video.
• Coordinate with Marketing Outreach Manager on the fulfillment and execution of sponsorship agreements.
• Coordinate with Marketing Outreach Manager to create proof of performance documentation for each BSSC sponsor.
• Help develop new, unique and innovative ideas to market BSSC Ski and Travel.
• Minimum BA/BS, preferably in marketing or management.
• Minimum 1-3 years working in a program management and/or customer service role, preferably in a sports or ski setting.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to project a positive, professional image to customers, partners, vendors and staff.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Comfort and experience with public speaking.
• Sound professional judgment, team attitude and work ethic.
• Must own a car that will be needed for night/weekend visits.
• Love of the slopes and love of the game.
Please send a resume and cover letter, listing salary requirements to email@example.com or Boston Ski & Sports Club, 51 Water Street, Watertown, MA 02472. Deadline 7/31/15.
BSSC is looking for enthusiastic skiers and snowboarders to lead BSSC day trips this winter. You must be outgoing and organized. Trips run all day on Saturdays and Sundays and the schedule is flexible. Leaders must be responsible, people-oriented individuals with some knowledge and experience in skiing/snowboarding and leadership. You will ski/ride for FREE and be asked to spread the word about BSSC to fill the buses with friends and co-workers! The number of openings is limited each season. Please email your interest and experience to Randy Friedman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Players are often needed to be on-site coordinators for BSSC Basketball, Dodgeball, Volleyball leagues and more. Coordinators must be responsible, people-oriented individuals with some experience and knowledge of their sport. You will play for free and may collect a small stipend for equipment set-up and overseeing the league. Please check the website for more details on the leagues and email your interest and experience to Brett Crandall at email@example.com.
The Boston Ski & Sports Club is open to receiving resumes from people who are interested in joining our staff. Candidates must be friendly and outgoing, excel in customer service skills, and have a genuine enthusiasm for the activities BSSC organizes. Most positions require night and weekend work as well as a car. If you are interested, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.