Sports Program Manager - Position available
Marketing Outreach Manager - Position available
Day Ski & Snowboard Trip Leaders
General BSSC Staff Positions
BSSC Internships - Spring/Summer internships available
Sports Program Manager
Great opportunity to launch your sports career with Boston’s largest sport & social club! The Boston Ski & Sports Club (BSSC) is actively recruiting an energetic, detail-oriented sports professional. Plan the lineup of offerings, manage logistics and actively market your programs. The schedule includes day office hours with frequent night and weekend obligations. The successful candidate will be responsible for 2-3 programs which may include basketball, dodgeball, floor hockey and/or flag football, and will provide at-league support for the company's other programs. BSSC is a 48 year old company that services almost 50K participants annually. This is your chance to work for a fun, casual company and do work in a field you love.
• Plan league timeline, pricing, supplies and schedules
• Communicate with captains, individuals, coordinators, officials and staff to ensure smooth operations
• Process rosters, registrations and payments
• Organize, sort, deliver and maintain various league supplies and equipment
• Maintain up to date website information for sports offerings
• Maintain record of payments for facility rentals & referees
• Conduct on going market research of competitors, trends, etc.
• Assist with the coverage of other programs as necessary
• Line and prepare athletic fields as necessary
• Provide excellent customer service and conduct yourself professionally on the phone and in person
• Maintain a working knowledge of all BSSC events and activities, as well as company policies/procedures in order to sell effectively, provide accurate information, and process registrations
• Act as BSSC liaison to team representatives and players, fostering positive relationships; encouraging on-going league participation; promoting other BSSC leagues and activities; and providing information, materials and service as needed.
• Minimum BA/BS, preferably in sports management
• Minimum 1 year working in a program management and/or customer service setting, preferably in a sports setting
• Excellent customer service, communication, attention to detail and work ethic
• Must own a car that will be needed for night/weekend visits
• Love of the game
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter, listing salary requirements to email@example.com. Deadline for resumes is April 10, 2015.
Marketing Outreach Manager
Develop and execute programs to achieve outreach to new customers for sports, skiing, travel, social and membership departments.
Oversee and execute across all areas of marketing – digital, email, direct mail, print advertising, website, trade shows, public relations, collateral, social media, internal communications, sales.
Develop and oversee marketing plan and budget.
Direct and develop marketing team.
Manage sponsorship acquisition and retention.
Manage company’s signature events.
Maintain thorough, up-to-date knowledge of the market via industry & competitor research, data mining, surveying, etc.
Maintain knowledge of all company offerings in order to provide customer service to incoming callers and event and league participants.
Attend activities and assist in office operations as needed.
Bachelor degree required.
3-5 years of progressive experience leading marketing efforts. Experience in small companies and guerilla marketing a plus.
2-3 years supervisory experience preferably in a sports setting. Ski and travel experience a plus.
Proficiency across multiple social media platforms, Microsoft Office, email marketing, Adobe, Google analytics, Google adwords. Other marketing technology a plus.
Experience developing positive relationships with customers, partners, sponsors, vendors, media.
Excellent sales orientation, negotiations skills and communication/presentation abilities.
Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities with calm and consistency.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct research, measure concrete results and draw meaningful conclusions to set marketing priorities.
Able to work collaboratively to facilitate strong results.
Flexible team player willing to pitch in wherever needed.
Dedicated to, knowledgeable of and enthusiastic about BSSC and all of its activities.
Strong work ethic with ability to work nights and weekends for promoting, networking, and running events.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BSSC is looking for enthusiastic skiers and snowboarders to lead BSSC day trips this winter. You must be outgoing and organized. Trips run all day on Saturdays and Sundays and the schedule is flexible. Leaders must be responsible, people-oriented individuals with some knowledge and experience in skiing/snowboarding and leadership. You will ski/ride for FREE and be asked to spread the word about BSSC to fill the buses with friends and co-workers! The number of openings is limited each season. Please email your interest and experience to Randy Friedman at email@example.com by October 18th.
Players are often needed to be on-site coordinators for BSSC Basketball, Dodgeball, Volleyball leagues and more. Coordinators must be responsible, people-oriented individuals with some experience and knowledge of their sport. You will play for free and may collect a small stipend for equipment set-up and overseeing the league. Please check the website for more details on the leagues and email your interest and experience to Dan Hannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Boston Ski & Sports Club is open to receiving resumes from people who are interested in joining our staff. Candidates must be friendly and outgoing, excel in customer service skills, and have a genuine enthusiasm for the activities BSSC organizes. Most positions require night and weekend work as well as a car. If you are interested, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Click here for a description of Spring/Summer 2015 Internship opportunities